Monday, June 17, 2013

A New Dimension

A New Dimension  by Cutting Line Designs

Just completed Louise Cutting's newest pattern View B from an ancient wool gabardine.  There is a lot of action happening with this pattern  at the Louise Cutting thread at Artisan Square.  It is  fun sewing the new pattern as a group.  I love the  feedback and seeing other sewers' garments.  As well,  Louise Cutting  is always popping in to give advice and to inspire us with new ways to use/develop her patterns into a stunning wardrobe.    Click on the link to Flickr to see some of the group's  Cutting Line garments.

  I am sure this fabric has been around (stashed) since the last time this colour was in fashion.    I selected the wool as I thought it may have been easier to sculpt /press the collar  into the unusual position.  The pattern was easy to sew and went together beautifully.  I used French seams;  was undecided about lining it;  thinking it may be  more casual unlined.

 I want to make the shorter version up...but I am trying hard to be discipled and to complete the lining of another jacket.    At the moment I am trying to sew  seasonally and clothing that I can wear to an Art Gallery.


Detail of the unusual collar treatment.  






No comments:

Post a Comment