Friday, May 4, 2012

SWAP2012

Have not been in paid employment since February, and really enjoying not working.  It is great to enjoy your own thoughts and to day dream,   even better to sew and sew and sew....

I have struggled with this SWAP. (and the last one)!  The rules require we select 7 items from the list of clothing types and make 4 of these twice,  11 pieces in total.  The idea is to select classic? TNT (tried and true patterns) that can be used over and over again.

THE DRESS

Burda Magazine 6/2008


 This  fabric was from Chic Fabric at Erina.  It is a synthetic with a metal thread running through it, which gives it a crinkled casual look and is impossible to iron.  I look forward to making this dress again in really nice shiny dark navy silk with gold teeth in the zip!

I got up enough courage to add metal holes and snaps.  I need to show you what Santa gave to me for Xmas .... and industrial snap machine,  makes snap making easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment