Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cutting Line Designs


ABO Jacket.

Easy fitting and easy to make jacket/shirt.  A little short??? maybe next time a little longer.  Its made from red pique' and I added shoulder pads to give it a little more shape.  First time I have made /used one these patterns and enjoyed the easy shapes and thorough directions.  I don't do a lot of overlocking on my clothes, I just like to think that they are as beautiful on the inside as outside, but I followed Louise directions and overlocked.

I have made into a tunic that I wear as a cover to the beach.  I have a hectic schedule in the morning deciding which beach to walk and have breakfast.  At Avoca I have to paddle across the lagoon and like to wear  something ' shortish'.  So I have been making a few coverups.

 This is the new pattern , can you believe that I cut a small?  Louise make you feel so good...  I made it from a med weight linen in my favourite basic colour navy.  Has a very similar feel to the jacket in that it is easy fitting and very comfortable.  Next time I will do a fancier finish to the sleeves so that I can turn them back.
Add caption

Absent Blogger

I am  really slack at blogging....Now that we have sold the business I have lots more time to sew.  To walk and think about things.  After completing the lounge my old 1230 was confused and had to go to the shop.  This is what I came home with....

Bernina 550

 The LED lights are amazing and I like the needle threader also.   The feet are the same as my Activa and I was able to swap the duplicated feet for different feet!   My old machine cost about $2900 about 18 years ago,  the new machine was $3000   (usually $4000 but a special because of the sewing and quilter show)  so they really have not gone up at all!

Tidied Burda Mags

I just felt like making the room look good,  I think I am sewing room proud!  The stuff on the floor is waiting to be completed, I didn't know what to do with it.


New Covered Lounge

I covered the lounge.  I know, everyone thought I was crazy, but it was easier then getting the family to 

agree on a new one.  It took about two days and cost about $300.00.  I used the old covers as patterns and ripped out the zippers  (couldn't find zip that long) and reused them.
This is what the old lounge looked like....